Sunday, March 6, 2011

Plakkaggio HC - 'Fronte Del Sacco' Review

What does Fronte Del Sacco mean? I have no idea whatsoever! What I do know, however, is that it's the title of these Italian bruisers' new album. I am not particularly crazy about Oi music aside from the basics (4Skins, Last Resort, the Business etc), but these guys make me want to reconsider all I know and dust off those old vinyls in my record collection. These Italians play some of the best and hardest streetcore/hardcore/metal that I have ever had the pleasure of listening to.

Right above I used the word 'metal', and I didn't use it lightly. Plakkaggio HC have incorporated a very strong metal element to their sound, making their catchy, heavy as fuck Oi sound even greater and meaner. The vocals come in a guttural, heavy hardcore tradition and are mixed with singalong choruses and heavy metal influences. This may sound pretty mad but when you listen to this record, it all comes together just fine. It's like putting Last Resort, Sheer Terror, Slayer and Bathory in a UFC fight and see who comes out winner. I'd say that Oi is definitley the meeting point and the base for Plakkaggio HC, but the hardcore and metal elements are also very distinct and hit you straight in the face when you least expect it.

The production is clear and heavy as fuck, and as a result aids the strong and solid, driving music lines and  so  to speak melodies these guys create. All this makes for a very incediary, riot inducing Oi album that you may want to hear before going out on a Saturday night, while working out or after a hard day's work. What's for sure is that if you  give Plakkaggio HC a few listens, you will come out feeling as strong as a bull and you will have fair possibilities of destroying anything that stands in your way!

All hail to this mad as hell Italian streetcore band. They have a lot of personality and their own distinct sound so I guess they deserve every bit of attention. They create nice, heavy uplifting music with a ton of attitude and guts and I can't ask for much more from a sincere hardcore band. They're on their way for sure, playing live often and having shared the stage with many known acts like the Varukers and Total Chaos, so all we can do is sit back and watch this monster grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment